Archive for the ‘Latest News’ Category

Comments Off on Unbeaten Rising Contender David Benavidez & Hard Hitting Ronald Gavril Battle for Vacant WBC Super Middleweight World Title

LAS VEGAS (August 17, 2017) – Unbeaten rising star David Benavidez and powerful contender Ronald Gavril will battle for the vacant WBC Super Middleweight World Championship on Friday, Sept. 8 live on SHOWTIME in the headlining attraction of a Premier Boxing Champions event from The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas.  The SHOWTIME BOXING: SPECIAL EDITION telecast begins at 10 p.m. ET/PT and will feature two additional showdowns in the super middleweight division. Once-beaten J’Leon Love (23-1, 13 KOs) will battle Texas-native Abraham Han (26-3, 16 KOs) in a 10-round bout while unbeaten prospect Caleb Plant (15-0, 10 KOs) takes on Mexico’s Alan Campa (16-3, 11 KOs) in 10 rounds of action. Benavidez (18-0, 17 KOs) has a chance to make history – at just 20-years-old he is aiming Read more […]

Comments Off on LaManna and Sosa Chime in for this Saturday’s WBC Silver Latino Welterweight title bout at The Clardige in Atlantic City

Atlantic City, NJ (August 16, 2017)–This Saturday night, Thomas LaManna will take on George Sosa in a ten-round bout for the WBC Silver Latino Welterweight bout that will headline a big 11 bout card at what is expected to be a sold out Calridge Hotel in Atlantic City. The show, promoted by Rising Promotions, is the 9th card that will be staged before a capacity crowd. Both main event fighters recently gave their final comments before Saturday’s showdown. ” I’m just ready to fight and I hope he is too. I encourage people to come to this action packed, stacked event. 12 bouts featuring some of the hottest prospects and a title fight,” said LaManna. “I think LaManna is a boxer who has not fought anyone of my caliber yet, and unlike me, I have fought everyone,” said Sosa. LaManna has Read more […]

Comments Off on Fight Night in Ponce, Puerto Rico – Great night of men’s boxing – Press Release

PONCE, PUERTO RICO (Aug. 16, 2017) Alberto “Explosivo” Machado (18-0, 15 KOs) scored an impressive unanimous decision victory against Carlos “The Solution” Morales (16-2-3, 6 KOs) to unify the NABO and NABA Super Featherweight titles in the main event of Golden Boy Boxing on ESPN at Ferial de Puerto Rico in Ponce. Both fighters reawakened the historic rivalry between Puerto Rico and Mexico that once again produced fireworks. Ultimately, it was Machado that came up with the victory, with scores of 99-90, 99-90 and 98-91. Photo Credit: Hector Santos Guia/ Miguel Cotto Promotions, LLC, Golden Boy Promotions “I felt good in the ring,” said Alberto Machado. “I needed this for my career. I put myself to the test because almost all my fights had been by knockout, and I’m happy with the victory. Read more […]

Comments Off on Chicago Cruiserweight Junior Wright to Face Russia’s Ruslan Fayfer for IBF #2 Spot This Friday in Russia

This Friday, August 18, in Krasnodar, Russia, IBF #14-rated cruiserweight “Hurricane” Junior Wright (16-2-1, 13 KOs) of Chicago will face hometown favorite and IBF #8-rated Ruslan Fayfer (20-0, 14 KOs) in an eliminator for the #2 contender spot. For the talented 31-year-old Wright, a victory would spell another shot at a world championship. But when a fighter is coming into a Russian fighter’s hometown, that isn’t always easy. Still, Wright and his trainer Rick Wilson have spent eight weeks preparing for this fight, believing that Junior is coming back to US with the victory. “Fighters come from the US to fight in Russia they all come home with a bad story,” said Wright, “but we’re not. We’re coming out of Krasnodar with a beautiful gift.” Wright was last seen stopping Detroit’s Damon Read more […]

Comments Off on Lightweight contender Mason Menard signs exclusive managerial contract with No Limits Mindset, LLC

The move seems to be a positive one for the Menard camp as he mentioned that the signing with No Limit Mindset means. “Big things! I’ve been waiting a while for something like this to happen. It’s exactly what I need. Shane stepped in and is willing to help me get to the level I need to be at. We both are big believers in God and this is all God’s work through answered prayers. Looking forward to the future with my man Shane. We are two young and hungry guys helping out each other with our God given talents. All I can say is, world stay tune, we are coming for the straps!” finished Menard. Menard is coming off of an 8 round decision victory over Carlos Cardenas (22-14) in March of this year. Menard was also featured on an HBO card against rugged veteran Ray Beltran. A fight in which Menard Read more […]

Comments Off on Jaron Ennis and Brandun Lee Remain Undefeated in DC

WASHINGTON D.C. – AUGUST 15, 2017 – Victory Boxing Promotions continues to keep its top talent in the ring, with Jaron “Boots” Ennis and Brandun Lee adding wins to their records Saturday at the historic Howard Theatre in Washington DC. In the co-main event, Ennis defeated veteran Ricardo Cano via stoppage 40 seconds into the first round of their bout, improving to 14-0, 12KO. Brandun Lee impressed on the undercard, stopping experienced journeyman Roy Garcia in the second round. 2017 has been an incredibly busy year for 20 year old Ennis, who fights out of Philadelphia. He’s racked up six wins, and it was recently announced that he would be awarded his third Briscoe Award in October. The Briscoe Awards are a staple of Philadelphia boxing, and Ennis will receive the Rookie of the Year award Read more […]

Comments Off on Hall of Fame Trainer Freddie Roach Shares Training Camp Details as Miguel Cotto Prepares For Yoshihiro Kamegal

LOS ANGELES (July 26, 2017): World renowned trainer Freddie Roach shared important details regarding the training camp of Miguel Cotto (40-5, 33 KOs), the only Puerto Rican boxer to ever win world titles in four divisions, as he prepares to go to war for the vacant WBO Junior Middleweight title against the Japanese slugger Yoshihiro “El Maestrito” Kamegai (27-3-2, 24 KOs). Cotto will attempt to obtain a sixth world title in four divisions and will appear on HBO for an astounding 23rd time. The event takes place Saturday, August 26 at the StubHub Center in Carson, California and will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing® beginning at 9:45 p.m. ET/PT. Roach, a Hall of Fame trainer who was supervising a recent sparring session at the Wild Card Boxing Club, shared Cotto’s training Read more […]

Comments Off on Undefeated Bantamweight Christian Carto to appear in new main event on Friday, August 11th at The SugarHouse Casino

Philadelphia, Penn. (July 26, 2017)–Undefeated bantamweight knockout artist, Christian Carto will headline a nine-bout card at the SugarHouse Casino on Friday, August 11th.  The show is promoted by King’s Promotions.  Carto, will take on Phillip Adyka (7-9, 4 KO’s) of St. Paul, Minnesota in the six-round featured bout.  Carto of Philadelphia has a record of 10-0 with all of his wins coming via knockout. The 20 year-old continues to step up in competition, and he has looked more impressive with each outing. Carto has kept extremely busy as he fought all ten of his bouts in under a year, with his latest being a 1st round stoppage over Juan Guzman on June 30th in Atlantic City. “I don’t know much about Adyka.  I know he likes to come forward,” said Carto, who has been training in Read more […]

Comments Off on Upcoming Boxing Event on Golden Boy Promotions card

LOS ANGELES- Mauricio “El Maestro” Herrera (23-7, 7 KOs) and Jesus “Renuente” Soto Karass (28-11-4, 18 KOs) hosted a media workout on July 25, at the Azteca Boxing Club to promote their anticipated 10-round welterweight crossroads fight on the August 4th edition of Golden Boy Boxing on ESPN at Fantasy Springs Resort Casino. The fight will air on ESPN and ESPN Deportes beginning at 9:00 P.M. ET/ 6:00 P.M. PT. In the co-main event, Vyacheslav “Lionheart-Chingonskyy” Shabranskyy (18-1, 15 KOs) will battle Todd “2 Gunz” Unthank-May in a 10-round fight for the USNBC Light Heavyweight title. Marvin Cabrera (4-0, 4 KOs) will take a step up in competition when he takes on Esau Herrera (19-8-1, 10 KOs) in a six-round super welterweight fight. Super flyweight prospect Ricardo “El Niño” Sandoval (6-1, Read more […]

Comments Off on Team Won’t Allow Second Lightning Strike to Hold Smith Jr. Back! by Coach K

(July 24th) Saturday night, July 15th, Mastic/Shirley New York former WBC International Light Heavyweight Champion Joe Smith Jr. boldly faced once beaten Sullivan Barrera on HBO’s Boxing After Dark. Amongst all the criticism after the bout it was diagnosed for the second time in his young career with a broken jaw. With Shenandoah National Park Ranger Roy Cleveland Sullivan holds the Guinness Book of Records for being hit by lightning seven times in boxing the idiom “Lightning Never Strikes Twice” took another hit. The second “lightning strike” came Saturday night July 15th at the Forum, Inglewood, California, when after flooring challenger Sullivan Barrera in round one the 27-year-old power punching Smith Jr. trained and managed by the “Fighting” Capobianco’s was forced Read more […]

Comments Off on Valavanis Takes WBF Intercontinental, Ashour All Africa Champion

A former WBF All Africa Welterweight Champion and the reigning WBF International Super Welterweight titlist going in, Egyptian star Andreas Valavanis won the vacant World Boxing Federation (WBF) Intercontinental Welterweight crown on Tuesday night, July 18, at Fitbox Corner in Cairo. After suffering a surprise knock-down in the second round, 25-year-old “King Cheetah” Valavanis recovered well and rallied back to stop experienced former Tanzanian Champion Omari Ramadan (29) in the second round with a vicious body-shot. A pro only since November of 2015, heavy-handed Valavanis is certainly being fast-tracked to the top, and improved his impressive ledger to 9-0 (9). Ramadan, a veteran of nine championship fights, is now 14-10-2 (10) since turning over in 2006. In the evenings co-feature, Read more […]

Comments Off on Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero Announces Retirement

GILROY, CA (July 17, 2017) – After giving fans some of the most thrilling fights in boxing, which spanned over sixteen hard fought years, Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero is announcing his retirement. “First, I want to thank God for allowing me to have a wonderful career.  I’m a kid from a small town in Gilroy, California, who made it to the mountain top of the boxing world. When I was a young kid growing up, I always believed in myself, but never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined a small-town kid like myself, would be fighting in front of millions of fans.” “I was blessed to win multiple world titles in four-divisions.  A boxer’s career is a long and tough road. Many tears were shed, lots of blood, and tons of sweat.  Many miles were traveled, thousands of rounds sparred, none Read more […]

Comments Off on Joe Smith Jr., Fought with Broken Jaw through many rounds

Popular Long Island light heavyweight contender JOE SMITH JR. (23-2-0, 19 KO’S), gritted his way through Saturday’s ten round battle with SULLIVAN BARRERA (20-1-0, 14 KO’s), after suffering a broken jaw early in the 2nd round. Even with a broken jaw, Smith Jr. dug deep to fire away at the skilled Barrera until the final bell, in which he ultimately fell short by scores of 96-93 and 97-92 twice. In a fight that had the cheering crowd on their feet throughout, Smith and Barrera went to war from the opening bell. Prior to breaking his jaw, Smith wasted no time showing his sheer power as he drilled Barrera with a hard left hook to the forehead in the opening round sending Barrera sprawling to the canvas. Barrera, hurt from the knockdown, showed his proven grit and determination by rising and Read more […]

Comments Off on 2016 Olympian Charles Conwell plus his half brother Isaiah Steen in undercard action tonight in Miami, Oklahoma

Miami, Okla. (July 14, 2017)–Tonight at the Buffalo Run Casino in Miami, Oklahoma, two members of Dave McWater’s Split-T Management stable will be in action as 2016 United States Olympian Charles Conwell (3-0, 3 KOs), and his half-brother Isaiah Steen (7-0, 6 KOs) will see action on undercard bouts that will precede a ShoBox: The New Generation Quadrupleheader. Both Conwell and Steen are co-promoted by DiBella Entertainment and Holden Productions. Conwell of Cleveland, Ohio will take on 22-fight veteran Rick Graham in a six-round super welterweight bout. Steen also of Cleveland will battle Travis Nero in middleweight action in a bout scheduled for four rounds. For Conwell, this will be his 4th fight in just three months, as the 19 year-old has breezed along with a perfect mark Read more […]

Comments Off on Elite Prospect Michael Dutchover Highlights “Path to Glory” Undercard Friday Night

ORANGE, Calif. (June 20, 2017) – Junior lightweight Michael Dutchover (4-0, 4 KOs), a highly accomplished amateur and recently turned professional, highlights Friday night’s “Path to Glory” undercard  from the Doubletree Hotel in Ontario, Calif.   Watch Dutchover vs. Carrizoza and the rest of the 6-fight card on TB Presents: Path To Glory, live streaming on ThompsonBoxing.com and Facebook Live beginning at 7:45 p.m. PST / 10:45 p.m. EST. Dutchover, who trains in Southern California but resides in Midland, Tex., faces his toughest opponent to date: once-beaten Miguel Carrizoza (10-1, 2 KOs) of Hermosillo, Mex. The bout marks Dutchover’s second 6-round fight of his young career. He stormed into the paid ranks with four straight knockout wins. “The plan this year is to up my level Read more […]